[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Official Philadelphia Bell and Friends Website • View topic - Introducing myself

Introducing myself

Introduce Yourself

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:06 am
Hi, I'm Annette Winters, public relations dept. of The Memphis Grizzlies-I was in the most fortunate position
when the WFL came along--I always new I wanted to write about/publicize/ be involved in pro sports from my days
in Nashville as a high school basketball player (played against the great Pat Head Summit) I worked as an SID intern
all four years of college, in the press box, keeping stats, etc. and this was very unusual for a girl/woman in 1970-74.
Got my journalism degree from Memphis State (now the University of Memphis) and then had the great fortune of
meeting a wonderful man, John Bassett, our owner. He hired me for the PR department and my first boss, was
the DR director, Terry Lee, who to this day is still one of my closest friends.

The WFL job lead to two other unbelievable opportunities for me---I went on to be first female PR Director in
pro sports with The Atlanta Hawks (Ted Turner owned the team) and then with the mens' tennis tour in NYC, Borg, Connors, McEnroe, the good days of tennis--all because of the late, great John Bassett, whose daughter, Carling, played on the womens' tour for awhile. Mr. Bassett played for Canada, I think maybe even Davis Cup. What a guy.

I'm single and live outside DC in Solomons Island, MD, just south of Annapolis on The Chesapeake Bay. Real Estate Broker. on Facebook or www/annettewinters.net for website, email, annette@annettewinters.net
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:04 pm
Welcome, Annette!

I was a big ban of John Basset also. He brought the Bandits of the USFL to Tampa Bay, some really fun football.

We have another WFL PR person here: Richarh Pollak from the Bell...

Tell us some WFL stories!
Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings.
-George Will

Return to Report to Camp